Water leaks and hidden moisture are the leading cause of mold and structural damage to your property. We can find moisture behind walls, under and around bathtubs and showers, virtually anywhere with infrared technology.
What Is Infrared Leak Detection?
Infrared leak detection uses a special infrared camera that detects the heat signature of any object it points at. When pointed at a wall with a cold water pipe in it, the water pipe shows up as a dark purple color and the rest of the wall will be a much lighter color depending on its temperature. Think of an MRI –all those colors are significant of a specific type of activity.
Our IICRC-certified technicians use the most advanced infrared cameras and can capture the images necessary for insurance claims (that we’ll handle for you), giving you peace of mind, both for your bank account and for you family’s health and safety.
But we also use other types of leak detection. We use auditory leak detection equipment, plus we use our senses. If you suspect you have a leak due to high water bills, use your:
- Eyes – Check for water spots along ceilings, baseboards, floors and walls.
- Ears –Often you will hear a groaning sound. Or late at night, you might hear steady dripping behind the walls.
- Touch – If you feel warm spots on the floor, you might have a slab leak.
- Smell – If you detect a musty odor or that metallic water smell where there wouldn’t normally be one, you should call us for professional leak detection in Sarasota and nearby areas.
- Taste – OK – we don’t really recommend you go around your house licking things, but we thought it was kind of funny to mention. Remember that kid in A Christmas Story? Right – don’t stick your tongue on pipes. Even if they aren’t frozen.
Advantages Of Using Accutech For Leak Detection In Sarasota
There are a lot of really great reasons to choose Accutech for your Sarasota leak detection services. Here are but a few.
- Less Cost – There is no need to tear up your wall. floor or ceiling to find the source of a leak, so there is less initial work. And a lot less expense and stress.
- Rapid Sarasota Leak Detection – The fastest way to detect water leaks and moisture without demolishing your property in the process.
- Non-Destructive – We can find the source of the leak or moisture quickly and professionally.
- Slab Leak Prediction – By looking at the temperature variations of your floors, we can tell you where leaks happen or might happen and give you solid advice on what you should do.
- Plumbing Diagnosis – If your sinks do not drain, we may be able to isolate the clog and suggest what to do – affordably.
- HVAC Problems – We can detect air conditioning vent problems where condensation could be occurring. You might be surprised at how much damage condensation can cause.