Venice Water Damage To Your Carpets
Water damage to your rugs and carpets can potentially be an expensive ordeal. One of the first things you’ll want to do if you have water damaged carpets is to identify the source of the water. Often times, this will determine whether or not the rug or carpet can be saved or is worth restoring. There are essentially two types of flood events which can destroy your carpet: sanitary and unsanitary. The key thing to remember is that any sort of flooding that causes water damage to your carpets creates an ideal environment for the growth of mold. Mold is a well-known health hazard that can cause a number of health problems, from acute allergies to more serious, life-threatening chronic illnesses. Many times, it’s better to call the professionals at Accutech to help determine whether or not it’s ultimately safe and financially sound to bother saving a water damaged carpet. Remember, here in Sarasota, humidity levels constantly remain high. If you do decide to try to save your water damaged carpet, you must be absolutely certain that all moisture has been removed.
Sanitary Flooding And Bradenton Water Damage
Sanitary flooding is water that typically runs clear and is usually caused by appliances like washing machines and dishwashers. The water from these connections is typically benign. If this is the type of flooding you experienced, there may be a very good chance you can salvage your water damaged carpet. Here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Turn off the water source to prevent further water damage. If you have to, cut the water main off.
- Ascertain whether water damage restoration is possible, and whether you should do it yourself i.e. determine the cause of the flooding and the degree of cleanliness of the water. If in doubt, please call the pros at Accutech in Sarasota, Bradenton, Venice or outlying areas. We will be there in one hour or less.
- As the carpet drains, start the water clean up. Remove standing water with a mop or shop vac.
- It’s important to ventilate the room where the water damage occurred to reduce humidity. Leave all closet doors open too.
- During water clean up, use fans and air conditioners to increase air movement and lower humidity. Open windows and doors if possible.
If you have any questions about whether your carpet is dry, call Accutech. We’re happy to help.
Unsanitary Flooding And Water Damage In Sarasota
If the flooding you’ve experienced is of the unsanitary variety and came for a toilet overflowing or from outdoors as the result of torrential rains, the water will probably be gray or almost black or brown. If this is the case, you’re definitely the victim of an unsanitary flood. Unsanitary floods are particularly dangerous because not only do they create the perfect environment for the growth of mold, they also contain deadly bacteria like E-Coli, which, at the very least, can hospitalize the average person.