Cleaning Red Wine Stains
Red wine stains can be very difficult to remove from your carpet. If you wait until the next day to attempt to remove the stain, the stain may have already set. Here are some tips for removing a red wine stain.
1. Do not allow the stain to dry
2. Saturate the carpet with the Accutech Spot remover.
3. Allow the Spot remover to dwell for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Take the first terry cloth towel and blot the carpet. Do not scrub the carpet, this can cause the stain to set even deeper, just lightly blot. Keep using clean areas of the towel until you see less and less red appearing. If this gets all of the stain out, stop here. If not, move on to step 5.
5. Next, turn on the iron to the medium heat setting. The iron will be used to transfer the stain from the carpet to the terry cloth towel.
6. Take the second terry cloth towel, saturate the towel with water, wring it out, and then fold it in half.
7. Place the terry cloth towel over the red stuff stain.
8. Place the iron on the towel and leave it there for about 20 seconds. (Do not place the iron on the carpet for more than 20 seconds, most of today’s carpets are made of synthetic materials, and yes, given too much heat they will melt like the plastic they are made from.)
What little was left of the stain after the blotting should have been transferred to the white terry cloth towel. If all else fails then it is time to call in the professionals.