Leaks from faulty pipes in Sarasota, broken water heaters and plumbing fixtures are a significant source of expense for homeowners here in Florida. According to the Alliance For Water Efficiency, research has shown that the typical home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons (7.6 m3 to 76 m3) of water per year due to leaks. If you’ve noticed spikes in your water bill, you may have a leak of which you aren’t aware, while other leaks are immediately evident. Those leaks which aren’t readily noticeable may eventually cost you thousands of dollars and may be attributable to things like running toilets and cracked pipes. In other words, problems that are easily remedied, but are sometimes difficult to locate. It’s often the case that they require sophisticated leak location equipment (such as infrared meters, for example) to sufficiently ascertain that they’re all found. Call Accutech for professional, thorough leak detection and leak location services in Sarasota.
As Americans, we still need to work on implementing a consistent, practical water conservation ethic. It’s to everyone’s advantage. The good news for everyone, including our environment, is that water conservation fits hand-in-glove with keeping monthly expenses down. At Accutech, we encourage everyone to conserve water, for the dual benefit of sound economics and the health of our planet.
- Call Accutech today for comprehensive, professional leak detection and leak location in Sarasota. Save money!
The Cost Of Sarasota Water Leaks
The accurate cost of leaks has historically been skewed. A lot of water conservation literature tells consumers that the cost of repairing a Sarasota water leak can be calculated by multiplying its water volume by the per-unit cost of the water. However, this isn’t exactly correct. Here’s why: many water meters do not register water usage unless the leak exceeds one pint per minute, or 360 gallons (1.3 m3) per day. This allows more than 100,000 gallons (378.4 m3) per year to slowly pass through the meter without garnering revenue for the water utility. While this has economic ramifications which will affect us all, (the cost of the “missing” water will inevitably be passed along to the consumer) this water waste simply isn’t good for our world.
- Keep your household costs to a minimum by conserving water! Perform routine leakage checks.
Whole House Meter Check
A whole house meter might tell you if you have a Sarasota water leak and its flow rate, but will not indicate where the leak is occurring. For accurate and effective leak location and detection, call the pros at Accutech. We’ll be at your home in one hour or less. You can perform the following check on your water meter yourself.
- Turn off all water. This test must be performed when no automatic water equipment is used, such as irrigation controllers, clothes washers, dishwashers, etc. Avoid using refrigerator ice and water dispensers.
- Record the reading of the water meter .Wait 15 minutes. Be sure no one uses any water during this time.
- Record the reading of the meter again. If the meter has recorded water use during the test, it might be due to a Sarasota leak. Verify that the water use is not due to small appliances such as water filters, water softeners, or whole house humidifiers.
- You can calculate monthly water waste from leaks by multiplying the water usage in the “15 minute” test period times 2,880.
Water Leak In Sarasota? Call Accutech For Prompt, Courteous And Professional Leak Detection And Leak Location Services
Meter sensitivity varies greatly depending on what kind you have. A meter test only verifies large leaks; it cannot assure small leaks do not exist within the home. To be certain of whether you have a Sarasota water leak or not…and to know for sure its origin, call Accutech today! For your finances and our environment, water conservations is beneficial to us all.