Summer is the ideal time to check your plumbing for Sarasota water leaks. Leaky faucets can waste 20 gallons of water a day. Running toilets can waste up to 200 gallons of water a day. That is the equivalent of drinking 3,520 cups of water in 24 hours! Inspect your pipes and joints to make sure they are leak-free and make sure the inside valve to your outdoor spigot is shut off. Though this is always a good idea, that last point in particularly important in the Winter. Though we rarely have to worry about freezing pipes in Sarasota, we do occasionally have those nights when temperatures fall below the freezing point. If you don’t feel comfortable inspecting your home for leaks, call us for fast response and leak location and detection expertise.
- Don’t neglect Sarasota water leaks! Call us for a thorough home or property inspection!
If you notice that your water bill is unusually high it could mean that you have a water leak. Contact us at Accutech. We have the most sophisticated water leak detection and water leak location equipment on the market, and all of our fully-licensed, IICRC-trained and certified pros are specialists with water leak location and water leak detection. And please download our free water damage guide!
Sarasota Water Leak Checklist
- Do you hear water running?
- Check the least used toilet first for a possible leak. Look in the bowl for moving water. If it is moving, turn off the valve that is located under the toilet tank. Then check all of the other toilets in the house.
- Turn your main valve off. Does it sound like the water stopped? Go to the highest water faucet in the house and turn on the cold water tap. If the water coming out of the faucet comes to a complete stop, your main valve is working. If you can still hear the water running we can schedule a site visit to check for an underground or slab leak.
- Do you see mold or damp spots on your ceiling? If you can, inspect your attic for dampness. If you are unable to do so, give us a shout and we’ll be there in an hour or less.
- Inspect your laundry room and ensure that your washing machine hose is tight, in good condition and isn’t leaking. If you have a sink, inspect it and its plumbing, too. Look for damp spots under the sink.
- Do the same in your kitchen. Make sure there are no visible signs of water leaks around your dishwasher.
- Inspect all plumbing in your bathroom, including sinks, tubs and showers.
- If you have tile and your grout lines are stained, it means that they are unsealed. Dry them out and apply a sealant.
Have You Noticed An Outdoor Water Leak In Sarasota?
If you see water coming out of the ground, it doesn’t always mean it’s a water main break. Water percolating out from your meter box or in your yard is likely a service line leak. Call Accutech any time day or night to request assistance on identifying the leak. If we determine you have any type of Sarasota water leak, we can fix it. We do plumbing repair, water leak location and detection and water damage removal. If you notice water coming out of the street or close to a fire hydrant, then it’s likely to be a water main break. In this case, you will need to contact the appropriate municipal department. However, if you aren’t sure, contact us and we will be there within an hour. Never neglect water leaks in Sarasota or anywhere else. They’re unhealthy and can cause expensive structural damage.