Tips For Drying Out That Won’t Leave You Drowning In Debt
As you know, living here in central Florida, our homes are generally more vulnerable to water damage than many other parts of the country. Our properties are often at or near sea-level, we’re often exposed to severe tropical storms and hurricanes and, of course, we deal with year-round high levels of humidity. Then there are other problems that can happen. We might have a plumbing issue like an overflowing toilet which will create unhealthy unsanitary flooding. Those storms might create leaky roofs. Condensation in attic ductwork from air conditioners and HVAC systems can accumulate, causing ceiling water damage. So, in other words, there are a lot of things that can go wrong and potentially cost you thousands of dollars to repair structural damage.
But it’s not all bad. If any sort of flooding occurs in your home and causes wet carpet, there are steps you can take to dry it out. Here at Accutech, we do recommend that you contact us if the flooding is bad because, as we’ve noted elsewhere on our website and our blog, not thoroughly drying out your wet carpet in Sarasota can lead to significant health risks due to mold growth. Even if you just need a little advice on what to do, we’re here to help you stay safe and healthy.
Drying Your Sarasota Wet Carpet
In any of the above scenarios, you’ll want to take a few steps to help mitigate the water damage. If your flood is unsanitary, please wear water resistant gloves like dishwashing gloves and a mask to cover your mouth and nose. If you suffer from allergies, it wouldn’t hurt to wear protective goggles, too. Always treat unsanitary floods and wet carpet as a potential health threat.
- If you can, open all windows and any doors in the area, turn on all fans that you have to help speed the drying process.
- Use thirsty towels too and start soaking up excess water from you wet carpet.
- Dry mop any standing water on wood or tile surfaces and make sure that all water is gone.
- Always call a professional to make sure you’re completely safe and dry!
Why You Should Call On Accutech For Total Dryout Services When You Have Wet Carpet In Sarasota
If you have any doubt whatsoever that you could not completely dry out your Sarasota wet carpet, you should call the pros here at Accutech right away. Why? Here are a few reasons why it’s to your decided benefit.
- The best equipment – Accutech uses only state-of-the-art equipment available. Check out our water removal page to view a photo of the Hydro-X Extreme Extractor. With it, highly-skilled techs will dry out your wet carpet in your Sarasota home without having to rip up them out, saving you both money and time. We also use three different types of moisture meters for complete assurance your property is safe, healthy and dry.
- Sarasota’s leading dry out staff – All of our Accutech staff members are IICRC-certified, background-vetted, insured and bonded. That means nothing less than total peace of mind for you. Relax.
- Fastest response time – Accutech guarantees to be on-site and removing water more rapidly than it can spread in your home or office. We’ll be there in one hour or less, guaranteed.
- Post-flood monitoring – We monitor your home or business for days to make sure it’s dry and stays that way.