Our emergency service technicians are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our priority is to get your home's or business's water-damaged drywall fixed as quickly as possible.
We know if you live in Sarasota, FL, you may need emergency water removal services for things you may not expect.
Most homes in Sarasota have drywall in it, and this drywall can become wet in a variety of ways – anything from leaks in the ceiling to flood situations caused by the heavy rains.
Often, many people don’t even know how many different ways water can enter their drywall. We understand that knowing where to look is the best way to prevent it from happening in the first place.
Causes of Drywall Water Damage
- Broken Pipe
- Broken water line to an appliance
- Roof leaks
- Flood damage
- Poorly sealed vents, windows, or doors
Your drywall is always at risk of water damage. Identifying the signs of water damage is the best way to avoid future problems and is extremely important to maintain a safe, comfortable home or business.
Signs of Water Damage
- Staining or discoloration
- Musty odor
- Bowed or warped sections of drywall
- Damp areas, puddles, or intermittent water leaks
If you don’t address these signs of water damage to your drywall, it can very quickly result in severe mold issues or structural damage.
What happens if you find a leak? Or you have identified water damage? The next question becomes, “How do I dry out my drywall?"
Once drywall has become wet, it is crucial to act fast. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may be able to dry it without having to replace the drywall.
Although its best to contact a licensed professional to ensure the job is done correctly, here are a few useful tips on how to dry out your drywall.
- When it comes to water damage, it’s always a good idea to get as much air circulating through the room as possible. Box fans work great, and if you have a ceiling fan, turn that on as well.
- After placing the fans, check for water that may have collected on the floor below the wet drywall. Use a towel to clean it up. Keep in mind if you attempt to dry the drywall with a towel, you can cause further damage to the already weak drywall.
- Air Conditioning System
- Turn the temperature down on the thermostat. This step will cause the AC system to run more often, de-humidifying the air, which will help to dry the wet drywall.
- Additional Measures
- If you are able, removing the sheetrock in the ceiling can be a very effective way to get air to circulate behind the drywall.
*If you are taking this step, your drywall is more than likely is beyond repair and needs to be replaced immediately.
*Even if the drywall is dried out completely but continues to sag or warp, it will need replacement to avoid structural issues.
Having to replace your drywall is never something you want to go through. So what can you do to avoid the situation entirely?
Unfortunately, due to the weather in Sarasota, FL, it may not be entirely possible to avoid it, but you can do the following:
- Know the leading causes of water damage to drywall.
- Schedule annual home inspections for leaks, water-damaged areas, and plumbing system issues.
Contact us to meet with you and your insurance adjuster for a detailed estimate
for all your water & fire restoration and reconstruction work.
Proudly Serving The Sarasota Area
Accutech Restoration & Remodeling is proud to service the Sarasota area. With our expertise and cutting-edge techniques, we restore homes and businesses to their former glory. From water damage to fire restoration, our skilled team delivers exceptional results, ensuring customer satisfaction at every step. With a commitment to professionalism and prompt service, Accutech Restoration & Remodeling is your trusted partner in restoring your property. Contact us today for a seamless restoration experience that exceeds your expectations.
- Bradenton, FL
- Englewood, FL
- Fruitville, FL
- Lakewood Ranch, FL
- Longboat Key, FL
- North Port, FL
- Palmetto, FL
- Port Charlotte, FL
- Punta Gorda, FL
- Sarasota Springs, FL
- Sarasota, FL
- South Venice, FL
- Venice, FL