Speed. It’s absolutely essential when you discover you have a water leak in Sarasota. Why? Often, by the time you discover you have a water leak, it’s been doing its thing for a while. This is because many water leaks start in attics, beneath floors and even foundations and behind walls. In other words, many Sarasota water leaks begin where you can’t see them.
Water leaks work slowly and methodically, dripping drop after drop until the next thing you know, you have the signs of water damage in your home. Water damage can cause structural failure and is a virtual petri dish for mold to grow. Do you want your home or business to be a mold lab? We didn’t think so.
That’s why, when you see that you have any sort of water leak, from an overflowing toilet to the insidious water pipe drip, call Accutech right away for unbeatable expert service that guarantees to be at your home in one hour or less.
Spotting Sarasota Water Leaks
- Check the Pressure Relief Valve on the hot water tank. Sometimes these valves are plumbed directly into a drain and may be leaking without you realizing it. If you can’t remove the drain pipe to check for a leak, listen for a hissing sound. Always use all your senses to find water leaks in Sarasota.
- Check the toilet for leaks by removing the top off the tank and listening very closely. If you hear any hissing or that unmistakable whispering sound, try to locate where it is coming from. If you locate the source of the water leak, check it out and see if it’s a simple toilet repair. It may be. In this case you can save some money. As always, if you aren’t sure, call the Sarasota water leaks authority at Accutech right away!
- If the toilets are in proper working order, inspect the line running from the meter to the house. Chances are, though, that you’re not sure what to do. Call us. We’re extremely fast, incredibly affordable and our staff is second-to-none when it comes to locating and fixing water leaks in Sarasota.
- Shut off the water main immediately. Don’t know how to locate it? It’s usually right outside of your home near the water meter. Can’t find it? Call us!
- Look for discolored spotting on the walls. Listen for water running in the floors. Feel for warm spots under your feet. Monitor you water bill monthly for spikes in rates. And call Accutech for regular water leak maintenance in Sarasota. You know what they say about prevention. An ounce of it can save you thousands and thousands of hard-earned dollars.